Monday, July 16, 2012

The Red Sea Rules

This summer I've joined a Bible study called "The Red Sea Rules" (by Robert J. Morgan) with other women struggling with some area in their life. My issue right now is my husband's health. He has been feeling unwell for about six months now. What makes it even more frustrating is the doctors can't figure out exactly what's wrong.

This study has been helping me focus on "10 God-given strategies for difficult times" and I wanted to share them with you. If you aren't experiencing a difficult situation right now,  maybe you know someone who is. Or hold tight to these rules next time you feel boxed in with no where to turn. Remember God parted the Red Sea for the Israelites when they felt cornered by Pharaoh and his powerful Egyptian army? He can part that same Red Sea for you and me!
Red Sea Rule #1: Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
Red Sea Rule #2: Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.

Red Sea Rule #3: Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
Red Sea Rule #4: Pray!

Red Sea Rule #5: Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work.
Red Sea Rule #6: When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
Red Sea Rule #7: Envision God's enveloping presence.
Red Sea Rule #8: Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
Red Sea Rule #9: View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
Red Sea Rule #10: Don't forget to praise Him.

From Page 72: "When you find yourself between sword and sea, remember that difficult times can sensitize us to God's nearness. He's never so close as when we're shipwrecked on omnipotence and driven by despair into His chambers where we find Him 'a very present help in trouble.' " (Psalm  46:1).

I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. (Isaiah 43:19.)


You made a way through the sea and paths through the deep waters, but your footprints were not seen. You led your people like a flock by using Moses and Aaron. (Psalm 77:19-20.)


You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you. (Deut. 3:22.)


The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. (Exodus 14:14.)


Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the Lord drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. (Exodus 14:21-22.)

1 Spout:

This is really, really helpful. While I am viewing some difficult times in hindsight--this really applies and is what God is trying to tell me. I 'kicked and screamed', not loudly, and no one knew, but I didn't trust and see all that this article so clearly shows me...and I am seeing...and hoping that I remember because God is bnot done with me yet and I know there will be many more ups and downs until I see Him face to face.

Post a Comment