Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Phantom of Fatigue

Like the enchanted sleep the three good fairies sprinkled over the kingdom in Sleeping Beauty, every day I have been feeling the grueling effects of fatigue sweep over me. "I'm just so tired!" I complained to a friend. She shared a simple story she had recently read about Corrie Ten Boom who found herself waking up in the morning to an overwhelming fatigue, even after sleeping the night before. After she noticed this pattern of weariness, someone shared with Corrie Ten Boom that the Enemy wanted nothing more than to steal away her energy and leave her ineffective for the work of the Lord. She was encouraged her to pray every time she felt tired--pray that God would give her energy and strength to do the work He wanted her to do. Interestingly, every time Corrie Ten Boom prayed, the fatigued lifted and she was able to do what God wanted her to do that day.

After listening to my friend retell Corrie Ten Boom's experience, it has occurred to me that my tiredness may be keeping me from doing the Lord's work--even if God's work for me is right here in my little home with my little family. That deceptive Devil is using witty schemes--illusions, a whole bunch of lies that are only in my head. So if I resign myself to the notion that I am tired and then make excuses for unproductive activity, I may be allowing the Enemy to steal from me the joy of participating in the work of the Lord.

Friend, don't be deceived! Pray! Pray for each other! Encourage each other!

"What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul." ~Corrie Ten Boom

And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Hebrews 3:13

Let us encourage each other to watch out for the lies that only steal, kill, and destroy us and let us turn to God for the victory in our lives!

The prayer of a righteous {woman} is powerful and effective.
James 5:16b

0 Spout:

Post a Comment