Friday, August 26, 2011

Distance

plumb
“…let us draw near with a true heart…”
Hebrew 10:22

A great sadness rushed suddenly over my heart like the unexpected crash of a wave that stretches farther upon the sandy beach than the other swells of the sea.  My thoughts had turned to that dear friend who laughed, cried, played, prayed and walked through life with me but one day chose to lay down our friendship and walk away.

“Jill...”

“Yes, Jesus?”

“The pain you feel from that distance is just a small portion of the pain I feel when My children move away from Me.”


“Jerusalem, Jerusalem…How often I wanted to gather your
children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings,
yet you were not willing!
Matthew 23:37

“…I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.
Choose life so that you and your children may live by
loving the Lord your God, obeying His voice and
holding fast to Him.  For He is your life…”
Deuteronomy 30:19-20

“He will cover you with His feathers;
you will take refuge under His wings.  His faithfulness
will be a protective shield.”
Psalm 91:4

The distance between a plumb bob and the hand that holds its line determines how far the plumb can travel away from its point of rest.  The closer the plumb bob is to the hand, the shorter the distance it can swing away.  However, when the plumb is held in that hand, it doesn’t move at all.

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.”
Matthew 11:28

“My Father who has given (the sheep) to Me is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them from the Father’s hand!”
John 10:29

Look at Jesus.  Is He far away in the distance or are you resting in His loving hands?

0 Spout:

Post a Comment