Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Seek


Colossians 3:1-2, “…seek the things that are above…set your mind on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.”

When you stop (and I do mean “stop”) and take the time to think about what Paul is saying here in Colossians, I will be the first to admit that something must change in my life if I want to truly obey the Word of God. I just told my husband the other day “So many doors in my mind are open right now!” (This basically meant that I had a lot on my mind.) If I were to take Paul’s divine instruction seriously, a lot of those open doors in my mind need to be shut! So much of what I think or pour my energy into has no eternal value; to sum it up; I am distracted by a load of earthly cares which amount eternally to a heap of trash.

So what should I do? Sometimes I tend to wallow ashamed and defeated, “O woe is me.” Or I sit with poised posture, pen and paper, scribbling down a plan to take matters into my own hand and modify my wretched behavior. If you are like me, teeter-tottering between extreme pendulum propensities, take heart! Stop. Breath. Seek the Lord. Do not seek self-pity or self-discipline. SEEK GOD FIRST! Turn your heart, your thoughts, your mind to Jesus right now. Not tomorrow. Not tonight. Not later.


Isaiah 55:6-7, “Seek the LORD while He may be found; call on Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and He will have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon.”

2 Spout:

Oh, this was so timely in my life. I'm tired of being a hamster on a wheel. Time to turn everything over to the only One who can mend my broken heart. Thanks, Rebecca! Today is a NEW day!!

Great encouragement and I love that God is working in our lives through His Word in similar areas! Thanks friend!-rebecca

Post a Comment