Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Encounter by Design

“God has told me to come to the Bible study at the Dream Center,” came an unfamiliar voice over my cell phone. Her words were intriguingly characterized by a beautiful accent of whose origin I could not identify.

Earlier that day, I had replaced the prepared study for the next morning’s women’s Bible study at an inner city ministry center with a lesson from the book of Ezekiel.  In Scripture, God commanded both the prophets Ezekiel  (Ez. 3:1-4) and John (Rev. 10:8-11) to consume a scroll then to… “Go, speak My words to the people.”

The following morning, just as the study was about to begin, in walked Hellene from Kenya, Africa carrying one of her amazing works of art…I was stunned when I saw her painting of a woman consuming the scroll upon which was written the words of God!

“He said to me…listen carefully to all My words I speak to you and take them to heart.  Go to your people…and speak to them.  Tell them: ‘This is what the Lord God says…The Spirit lifted me up and took me away…I came to the exiles…who were living by the Chebar Canal and I sat there stunned for seven days.” (Ez. 3:10-15)

Mainstreamers, we serve an amazing and powerful God who is constantly at work!  We must be alert and ready every moment of every day for the Lord’s activity around us.  As we consume His Word through Bible studies, worship services and personal study times, we must then go and tell the people!

Jesus taught, “I am the Vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing…If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you…My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to by My disciples!”  (John 15:5,8)

Fruit of my divinely orchestrated encounter with Hellene that spring day is Hellene’s latest amazing creation she painted for me entitled…

“Hosanna”
In some ways, I believe this painting depicts the heart of Mainstream…women from around the globe serving our great Shepherd, the Lord Jesus Christ, who saved us all and sharing His Word with one another and others. In the foreground you see the scroll representing His Word and in background you find the cypress and the myrtle trees.

“So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; it will not return to Me empty without accomplishing what I desire…for you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy…and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.  Instead of the thorn bush the cypress will come up, and instead of the nettle the myrtle will come…it will be a memorial to the Lord, for an everlasting sign…”
(Isaiah 55:11-13)

The woman dressed in red kneeling represents Turkey (the location of the seven churches of Revelation 2 & 3).  Her shoes are off, symbolic of Holy Ground.  She is pouring tea as a reminder of Jesus’ invitation to Laodicea in Rev. 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door; I will come in to him and sup with him, and he with Me.”

Let us be Christ’s ambassadors inviting people from every tribe and tongue and people and nation to hear Christ’s voice, open the door and fellowship with the Savior!

Watch with expectancy for your next encounter by His design!

1 Spout:

Love it! What a God-story!

-rebecca

Post a Comment