Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Beloved Overcomer



Blessed is (the one) who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it,
for the time is near!”  
Rev. 1:3

Although never recorded in the Holy Scriptures, historical writings report that Jesus' beloved disciple John was once thrown into a huge basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution in Rome only to be miraculously delivered by Almighty God. Since the Roman government’s attempt to permanently silence 
John ‘s testimony of Jesus the Christ and the word of God (Rev. 1:9) failed, he was sentenced to work the mines on the prison island of Patmos.  Rome's “plan B” to silence John once again failed miserably when the glorified Christ appeared to John on that prison island commanding him to write in a book describing what he saw and send it to the churches (Rev. 1:11). Thus came REVELATION, God’s end time prophecy!

“I, John, your brother and fellow partaker in the tribulation and kingdom and perseverance which are in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos… in the Spirit on the Lord’s day and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet…Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me.  And having turned I saw…One like the Son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet…His eyes were like a flame of fire…His face like the sun shining in its strength!” (Rev. 1:9-16)

What did John see?  Jesus.  Once John’s beloved friend and partner in ministry, Jesus appeared that Lord’s day as the glorified Christ; King of kings (Rev. 19:16) and coming Judge of the living and the dead (Acts 10:42)!

“When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man.  And He placed His right hand on me saying, “Do not be afraid, I am the first and the last, and the Living One; and I was dead; and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys…”

The next time you are imprisoned by hurtful words or difficult circumstances, look to and heed the voice of the One who has the last word and holds the keys of life!  OVERCOME, beloved, in the powerful name of Jesus!

“He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.” (Rev. 3:21)

“He was despised and forsaken of men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief…He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, and by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray…but the Lord caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.”  (Isa. 53:3-6)

“He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He did not open His mouth; like a lamb that is led to slaughter, and like a sheep that is silent before its shearers; so He did not open His mouth…nor was there any deceit in His mouth…As a result of the anguish of His soul, (the Father) will see it and be satisfied…the Righteous One…will justify the many, as He will bear their iniquities.  Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great!”  (Isa. 53:8-12)

“(She) who has an ear, let (her) hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”  (Rev. 3:22) 

0 Spout:

Post a Comment