Monday, May 30, 2011

Apart-From-Me Gifts

With Spring blossoming on every corner, my little girl has made a habit of showering me with sweet little floppy wildflowers.  How easy would it be to reject an ordinary yellow dandelion that most folks consider weeds?  Pretty easy in most cases, but when a four year old child practices the value of giving out of pure adoration and love, even a weed is worthy of a pretty spot in a small dainty vase.  I love it when I get home after being away from my family for a short time and someone, usually my daughter, has something to give me that communicates to me "I was thinking about you while you were gone!".  Isn't it so meaningful to receive a gift that shows that someone was thinking of you while you were apart?
May the LORD keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other. Genesis 31:49

These thoughts lead me to think about the gifts I have given God on account of the distance that spans between earth and heaven. Don't you know He just loves those gifts we give Him that say "I'm thinking about you because I love you and long for you."  For instance, when we give him a moment in our day and devote it to Him.  Or when we love someone with no strings attached all in the name of Jesus.  Or even when we just stop in the busyness of the day and whisper a simple prayer like "I love you" or "Thank you". 

On the flip side, what's something God has given you that communicates that He's thinking about you?
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

0 Spout:

Post a Comment