Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tangles and Tears

My sweet princess has hair that gets so tangled!  Poor girl!  I am amazed by the knotted, teased, mess of a mop her hair can quickly become.  Combing through such a jungle always results in tears.  I have tried a lot of different things like detangler hair spray, talking about Rapunzel's massive amount of hair brushing, apologizing, conditioner, using different kinds of brushes, distracting her, but nothing works to avoid the tears.  It simply hurts.  Today after enduring the rigorous agony of brushing Princess's hair which like usual included tears, I stepped back and gazed at how beautiful her brushed hair turned out.  So healthy, shiny, young and lovely.  Although her hair was already all those things while matted, I would not have described it with those words because the tangles somewhat masked its beauty.


Sin in our hearts is a lot like tangles in our hair.  If we are to get rid of them, it's going to hurt, but the beauty that awaits is a heart that is healthy, shiny, young and lovely.  Jesus' blood that combs out the dark entanglements of our disobedience to the Father grants us a new heart, clean and pure.

Psalms 34:5 Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces.
Luke 11:36 If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight is shining on you.



It might not feel good to confront the dark places of our lives.  It might not feel good to admit it is there. It might not feel good to shed the filth.  Take heart, friends, we have a solid hope! 

Romans 7:24-25 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?  Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord...
Psalms 116:3,4,8 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.  Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"  For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling...
Beautiful are the hearts groomed by the blood of Jesus!

1 Spout:

Rebecca, I love you. I thank God for putting your Mother Jill in my path. Tangles and Tears is such an Inspiring message. I laughed and then my heart was filled with Joy as the message unfolded.

You Eloquently with "a little humor" spoke from your Heart and you Illustrated How we can "through the Blood of Jesus" go from being "Entangled to Beautiful".


Sadly, some people are Entangled in Uncomfortable Situations and "They Don't Know What To Do". When I am confused, I Fall on my Knees and Cry out to Jesus.

Jesus can "Untangle Any Situation" and Dry your Tears. Praise be to GOD our "CREATOR, LORD, AND SAVIOR" for HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND UNLIMITED POWERS.

Love from the Heart
joyce

Post a Comment