Monday, April 4, 2011

Believable!

"Unbelievable!" I marveled.  "I can't believe how amazing the sky is!" 


As one autumn storm rolled away, another one followed close behind at dusk one evening last year.  I grabbed my "forth baby", a.k.a. my camera, and tore out the front door in hopes to capture the magical moment gradually fading into the night.

Even when I can clearly and physically see the creative works of the Lord, I still manage to muster a weak exclaimation like "Unbelievable!"  The careless words of disbelief slip so easily from my lips.  Often times, I do not even recognize the opportunities God graciously extends to me in order to strengthen my weak faith.  During those seemingly obvious experiences and displays of His splendor, one would think it to be the perfect time to shout out to the Lord "Believable!"

Mark 9:24 "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Last night, as I drove my car, I turned off the radio and recollected my day.  I thought about the times I wish I could have done parenting differently, especially the times I overlooked my kids' needs or felt as though I neglected what was really important.  My heart was heavy with parenthood regret and I began to fret about the negative effect I was having on my children and their future.  Ever been there? 

I heard the Lord gently whisper in my heart "I am sufficient and complete.  I will meet ALL your children's needs."  I felt a sense of relief and then I heard the Lord ask me, "Do you believe this, Rebecca?"  I sighed deeply and I confessed, "Yes, I do believe."  Then my relief turned into peace and I knew I could rest in the Lord, leave my regrets in yesterday, and press deeply into today because God is believable!

2 Corinthians 12:10 "...For when I am weak, then I am strong."

0 Spout:

Post a Comment