Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Being Stilled...Again

“…a slave of Christ Jesus, called…set apart for the gospel of God.”
Romans 1:1

My agenda of scheduled activities was once again brought to a stand still today due to another uninvited cold and fever.  After cancelling three Tuesday Bible studies, I asked, “Why, Lord, have I been stilled today?”

Lyrics from a song written by James Ingram, Reuben Morgan and Chris Tomlin on my currently favorite CD began to dance across the sound waves of my mind…

 
Where You go I’ll go
Where You stay, I’ll stay
When You move, I’ll move
I will follow
All Your ways are good
All Your ways are sure
I will trust in You alone
Higher than my sight, high above my life
I will trust You alone…
Who You love, I’ll love
How You serve, I’ll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow You
Light unto the world, Light unto my life
I will live for You alone
You're the One I seek, knowing I will find
All  I need in You alone
In You alone!
In You there’s life everlasting
In You there is freedom for my soul
In You there’s joy, unending joy
And I will follow

“Ah, yes, now I remember, Lord.  It’s not my agenda, is it!  It is Yours.  You are my Master, the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am Your obedient and willing servant.  When You say go, I’ll go.  When You say stay, I’ll stay.  I am following You…everyday!  Thank You, thank You, Jesus, for this day to hang out with You alone! What a joy!”

We cannot kindle when we will
The fire which in the heart resides,
The Spirit bloweth and is still,
In mystery our soul abides;
But tasks in hours of insight willed
Can be through hours of gloom fulfilled.
(Oswald Chambers)





2 Spout:

Ms. Jill,

I am so glad that I get to read your posts over here. Thank you for posting this insight.

Thank you for your kind and encouraging comment, Jamie! Your picture is rather small for these aging eyes...is this my sweet Jamie in B'ham?
Jill :)

Post a Comment