Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My net is full of {pretty} fish!

My girlfriends are on my mind a lot lately. While my husband is away on military deployment, my friends are doing so many things for me! I know they are praying and everyday I am experiencing God graciously working through their prayers. He is helping me to stay calm and take good care of our little girls without feeling overwhelmed or anxious.

So... for Valentine's Day, I made old-school friendship bracelets for a few of my closest friends. (Looking at the picture, you might think, "A few? That looks like a LOT!")

During my husband's previous deployment, I felt so very alone. My new husband was serving in Iraq for an 18 month tour, my best friend for years had stopped calling me and my mom seemed to be the only person I could talk to. I sat in my car one night and literally cried out to God in the darkness. I remember very clearly saying, "I need strong, godly women in my life! Please, give me a friend, Lord. Give me so many friends that I don't know what to do with them all!"

God is so good. I cannot tell you how many times I have felt overwhelmed by the love of girlfriends wanting to spend time with me over these last few years! It didn't happen over night, and of course I had to work to develop relationships; but in God's perfect timing, He has provided more dear friends than I could have ever imagined.

"Jesus said, 'Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.' When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish." John 21:6

I couldn't help but smile at God's sense of humor in leading me directly to this verse! God's timing is perfect!

2 Spout:

Looooove my bracelet. I forgot to say thank you when we were at Pam's. I put it on the moment I opened your card, and haven't taken it off. I think it is perfect and makes me feel special! I am grateful for your friendship and know that God is holding you in the palm of His hand!

So glad you liked it:) I am grateful to have wonderful you as a friend!

Post a Comment