Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love

"Obedience without love is nothing but the law."--Breaking Free by Beth Moore.

When my daughter and I went out on our bi-monthly Mommy Fun Time, I honestly did not want to dress up in a skirt, especially with all the snow and slush.  In fact, I would have preferred to wear sweat pants and a big cozy sweat shirt.  But because I love her, I was willing to sacrifice my desires and my comfort in order to do something that would mean a lot to her. Unfortunately, when it comes to God and sacrifice, many times I do it because I have to or because I think I should, but not because I love Him.  Other times I do not want to even consider obeying Him because it would mean that I would have to give up some kind of comfort.  Do you love God more than anything to the point where you do not even consider the sacrifice a burden but a privilege? 






Jesus, I know a lot up here in my head.  I know about how much You love me.  Open my eyes to the depths of Your love and please penetrate this stone heart of mine so that I will grow in my love for You because of the love You have poured out on me first.


If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever. --1 Corinthians 13:1-3

0 Spout:

Post a Comment