Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Prince

Never has it been so real to me.

The fairy tale romantic ingrained within the throngs of women across history undoubtedly takes its course beginning in us when we hardly stand as high as our mother's knee.  As a mother of a young little girl, I am astounded by my daughter's natural inclination of make believing about her prince.  She is unmistakeably enthralled by the dreamy idea of prince charming, the knight in shining armor, the rescuer.

Never has it been so real to me.

While assisting the kids in crafts, we casually listened to a children's bible on CD in the background.  The narrator boldly interpreted the story of Jesus, the Prince, leaving His palace in order to go to the humble circumstances of His beloved so that He could save her from the clutching grips of death.  His love for His Bride, His created ones, superseded His position in Heaven and the comforts of His perfect home.

Never has it been so real to me.

Recounting the events in the Garden of Eden, I thought of Eve and the lie that Satan whispered in her ear.  How often do I listen to the same lie: you cannot trust God; you must take matters into your own hands.  What if Eve had trusted God, run from Satan, and called out for help to her husband or better yet, her Prince of Peace?

Never has it been so real to me.

The Prince my heart has unceasingly ached for even from childhood has come to rescue me because He loves me and wants to save me.  Do I trust Him?  A Prince who is willing to give it all up for me deserves my whole hearted devotion and I should be just as inclined to give it all up for Him... just as He has done for me.

For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. - {Isaiah 9:6 NIV}

0 Spout:

Post a Comment