Monday, October 11, 2010

What Propels You?

Presently, I am participating in a study on the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  Chan writes:

If life is a river, then pursuing Christ requires swimming upstream.  When we stop swimming or actively following Him, we automatically begin to be swept downstream...[the church] is floating away from Christ.  It isn't a conscious choice, but it is nonetheless happening because little in their lives propels them toward Christ.
I must ask myself, "How am I drawing near to my great God?".  What has changed in my life that requires me to quit casually floating with the water flow and intentionally go against the current propelling towards Jesus, the One I love?

Father, tenderize and revive my heart of love for You in a way that is like the intensity of new love longing to be with the one it cherishes, relentlessly determined to allow nothing to stand between them; come what may, this love permits nothing to keep them apart.  Nothing.  I want to love you, Jesus.

0 Spout:

Post a Comment