Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look Up

It may sound a bit silly, but lately I have been telling myself to literally "Look up!"  Look up from the computer.  Look up from the messy floor.  Look up from cranky kids.  Look up from my selfishness and impatience.  The funny thing is that when I do physically look up, it actually does help me.  After looking up, I am able to look back down at my circumstances in a different light.  I am able to look at the computer, the messy floor, the cranky kids, my selfish and impatient attitude through the lens of heaven and into the face of eternity. 

This too shall pass, the good, the bad, all the moments.  What really matters is that I paused long enough to look up.


I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. - {Psalms 121:1-2 NIV}

0 Spout:

Post a Comment