Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Treasure for Mama's heart

As my 8 week old was eating this morning, she stared deeply into my eyes. (She does that a lot, especially during the night when my eyeballs are burning from sleep deprivation!)

Clementine likes to have conversation with her meals, so I try and talk to her, and this morning was no different.
"Hello, Sweet Girl, Are you Mama's baby?"She met my question with a face splitting grin, dripping milk everywhere! Ahh, pure bliss!

And then I thought of Luke 2:19. "Mary treasured all these things in her heart and always thought about them."

All of us Mamas know that motherhood is an exhausting job. But isn't it funny how one little split second, drippy smile can make it painless and beautiful and totally rewarding?

And we get to remember them for the rest of our lives, in the treasure chests' (no pun intended!) of our hearts.
We are so beautifully and wonderfully made!

As I am thinking of the theme of "lasting impressions" I want to just say; it only takes a second to make a lifelong difference in someone's life. What are we waiting for?!

2 Spout:

"...it only takes a second to make a lifelong difference in someone's life"...Love that!

Post a Comment