Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Simple, helpful, beautiful!

I made this for my little girl's room. These are vintage tutus, and they hang over the headboard of her antique bed.
I think this would be a great idea for any kid's room to help them be organized. You could use it in a laundry room, entry or bathroom to corral clutter as well.
It was so easy to make.
I grabbed a few clothespins from my kitchen drawer, clipped them to a box and spray painted them white. After a few coats of paint, on your board, measure how far you want them spaced. I spaced mine every 5 inches.
Then I glued them on with Liquid Nails and attached 2 picture hangers to the back, one on each end.
Hope you can use this idea, and if you do I would love to know!

NOTE: I used a vintage piece of salvaged wood, and sealed it with polyurethane. Safe lead paint practices include 2 coats of poly or paint to seal in harmful lead fumes. So if you use old painted wood like me, be safe and seal it first!

2 Spout:

I am rarely inspired by crafts, but this is just stunning!

Thanks! I love to make stuff, but I'm not really into "cute" stuff either. I like something to have a point.

Post a Comment