Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Packages

Today, my children and I sent a package of coloring books and other small items to my friend who is serving the Lord as a nurse in Sudan. The kids watched me wrap the duct tape around the edges of the old Pampers diaper box that contained the items they had specifically and cheerfully chosen to send as gifts to the children recovering at the mission.

"God hears us when we pray and we can ask Him to protect this box we're mailing to the kids in Sudan," I explained.

We prayed together and loaded up in the van to go to the Post Office. As we bid the tightly sealed package farewell and left it in the hands of the polite postman, we got in the car and I asked, "Do we need to worry about the package getting to Sudan?"

"No!" they emphatically replied.

In same way, when we bring our 'tightly sealed packages' and issues to the Lord, let go and leave them in God's hands, there's nothing left to worried about.


1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

1 Spout:

Post a Comment