Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lost

Have you ever felt lost on the Internet? You get on this virtual tour of unlimited social opportunities and you come to a pause, you then ask yourself "How did I end up here?" or "I cannot believe I have been on the computer this long?" If you are like me, you may need to establish a few boundaries for yourself to avoid getting lost in cyberspace. Here are some practical suggestions:

  • Predetermine your web agenda. Have a clear plan of what you are doing and where you are going on the Internet before you begin your surf.
  • Plan ahead. Have a reason for getting off the Internet. Make sure you know what's next on your agenda after you finish your Internet route so that you'll have a motivating reason to exit and return to the physical and present reality.
  • Time yourself. Limit your time on the Internet.
Getting lost on the Internet is a time sucker and waste of brain cells. I do it. I need to stop. I can stop! Let's try these simple steps and see what a difference it makes. I suspect we could be more productive and intentional on the Internet which in turn is beneficial to everyone!

0 Spout:

Post a Comment