Monday, September 6, 2010

Doing laundry with all your heart

Colossians 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord.

I frequently think of this verse when doing the mundane jobs around the house. Don't we all know there are plenty of them!


However, I have to admit, it's very relaxing to me to do a job well and complete it. One thing I don't mind doing is laundry. It's satisfying to get everything clean and fresh. Recently I started making my own laundry soap which of course saves money and requires no plastic packaging as do commercial soaps. Bonus: you can use a super cute container to store it. I use an old kitchen jar.

Here is the recipe:

3 cups Borax
2 cups washing soda
2 cups baking soda
2 cups grated Fels Naptha (I use my blender on the "grate" setting)

Mix ingredients together. Use 1/8 cup per load. It works!
(All ingredients available at Clear Creek Kroger)

0 Spout:

Post a Comment